We all know that competitors from all over the world travel to England for this event, but did you know that the tennis balls used at Wimbledon travel even further to get there? Here’s the journey of a Wimbledon tennis ball:
1. The chemicals used to create the ball come from China, Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
2. The wool comes from New Zealand.
3. The wool becomes felt in England.
4. The balls are put together in the Philippines.
5. After assembly, the balls are put into tins that come from Indonesia.
6. The balls are then shipped to England, ready for the matches.
Pretty incredible, wouldn’t you say?
What’s more incredible though is, the going rate for a ball is just $3.00!
So, how does all of that happen for just $3.00? Volume and consolidation. By creating and shipping in large volumes, the cost of each ball is reduced significantly.
Which is exactly how our international moving services work. Because we help thousands of people move overseas, your moving costs get cut down, much like those Wimbledon tennis balls.
We hope you thoroughly enjoy this year’s event and remember: when it comes to affordable international moving, with EuroUSA it’s game, set, match!